7 Tips for Enjoying Your Visit
Updated: 2019-02-07 16:48:51 UTC
Magnolia Market at the Silos has become a destination for guests and fans around the country. We're blown away by the amount of people flocking to our store in Waco, Texas!
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your visit:
- Come early or come late. Our store is busiest during the hours around lunch; particularly on Saturdays, when we see thousands of people come through our doors. We suggest coming near opening or closing hours to have the most peaceful shopping experience.
- Make plans to eat at the Silos. Our food trucks are the best in Waco; whether you want a burger, a sandwich, a salad, tacos, crepes, hot dogs, a gourmet grilled cheese, coffee, juice, or a pizza... we've got you covered. We think that the best visit to the Silos isn't just about shopping—it includes sunshine, friends, family, and food.
- Use our outdoor restrooms. During busy days, the indoor restrooms have a long line. Skip the line by going to our outdoor restrooms—located next to Seed + Supply and our Magnolia Table food truck.
- Don't miss the garden or Magnolia Seed + Supply. It may be in the back corner of our property, but trust us—you don't want to miss it! If you have kids, they are definitely going to want to play in our teepee. Perfect for a photo-op.
- Talk to us. We pride ourselves in having the friendliest, most warm-hearted staff. They'd love to help you find anything you're looking for, hear your story, or even share about their own experience living in the greatest city in Texas (Waco, of course).
- Park for free.* Even on the busiest day, there is no need to pay for parking! First, we have a free parking lot that's connected to the Silos; the entrance is on 8th street. Second, there's plenty of street parking in the area. And third, take the Silos District Trolley! You can park for free downtown and take a 10 minute ride to the Silos. And one more note: please respect our neighboring businesses by not using their parking lots to come to our store.
- Have fun with your family & friends. Joanna's vision for the Silos is that they'd become more than a dusty, dilapidated piece of history—her vision was that they would become a gathering place for community. A place to slow down, to turn your phone off, and to connect with people. We've found that those who come ready to unplug and enjoy time with loved ones have the most enjoyable experience.
Please note: During Spring and Summer, Texas heats up fast! Prepare for your trip to the Silos by bringing plenty of water, staying hydrated throughout your entire visit, and wearing sunscreen.
* For tour buses or oversized vehicles: Parking is available for large vehicles visiting the Silos at the lots owned by First Baptist Church at 5th St and Webster. Parking is on a first-come-first-served basis; price is $10 for the day. Also, the City of Waco at (254) 750-8032 can give the status of the best city parking site for oversized vehicles based on current local traffic or events.